CODA is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information. In broad terms this means that we will:
- * Only collect the personal information that we need to provide a quality service.
- * Ensure that our clients know their information will be securely managed and stored.
- * Only give information to others with written consent (unless required by law).
- * Only keep information while it is relevant to service delivery. Or for the period authorised by the Public Records Act.
- * Ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
CODA has an easy read brochure on privacy
A client has the right get access to their personal information that CODA has. And to tell us of any inaccuracy.
Written request for information should be directed to the:
- Privacy Officer
- PO Box 370
- COLAC 3250.
Anyone who believes that their privacy has been breached may complain to the Privacy Commissioner, care of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
CODA also has a Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality. If you would like to read it, you can download it here.